at the Octagon House • 45 West Clinton Ave, Irvington
December 6 & 7, 13 & 14, and 20 & 21
Join us for a rare opportunity to experience this lyrical, eight-sided home at night while surrounded by lights that complement its many elegant period furnishings. The restored 1872 historic house will be filled with elaborate holiday decór featuring wreaths, garlands, and the sparkle of ornaments on a grand Christmas Tree inside the salon. Dramatic interpretations of Washington Irving’s Old Christmas will be recited by an actor in period costume. Hot seasonal refreshments will be served.
The event will run approximately 1 hour and is best suited for guests ages 7 and up. Parking is free but limited, so we ask that guests arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the event. Not suitable for wheelchair users, people with limited mobility or individuals with difficulty walking up and down flights of stairs.
- The event is conducted by highly trained docents and includes the three principal floors of the house.
- The maximum number of guests per tour is 20 people.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Non-flash photography is permitted during tours.
- No selfie-sticks, tripods, or other external equipment, please.
- The Armour-Stiner Octagon House can be found on Facebook and Instagram: @armourstiner — Please use hashtag #armourstinerhouse
- Please park on-site in the circle in front of the Octagon House and along the driveway.
- Please do not park on the street (West Clinton Avenue).
- Since parking is limited, please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your tour time and please leave immediately after the tour is over, to allow for parking for the next tour.
- Octagon House is a private home – no touching of walls, finishes, furniture & objects.
- Please lock large bags and backpacks in your car.
- While touring, please do not linger – stay with the group to hear the highly informative talk about each room.
The Lombardi Family looks forward to sharing unknown aspects of their previously unseen, unique-to-the-world home.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-817-5763