Select Sundays, 10am–2pm • Bronx River Parkway
Bicycle Sundays are a beloved Westchester tradition since 1974. Over 60,000 participants each year bike, walk, and jog a 13.1 mile loop of the Bronx River Parkway from White Plains to Yonkers.
For over 40 years, since community leaders recognized the importance of environmental preservation and promotion of a healthy, fit lifestyle, people have gathered on Sundays in May, June, and September to join the traffic-free route. WPF is excited to be part of an event that so many residents of Westchester County, and beyond, look forward to each year.
The program is presented by Westchester County Parks and sponsored by the Westchester Parks Foundation and its partners, through generous donations from co-presenting sponsors Con Edison and NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital. Danny Cycles is the exclusive bicycle shop.
Without WPF and our partners, the future of Bicycle Sundays is not guaranteed. Click here to support the Bicycle Sundays Fund and your donation will go towards funding this program in future years.
2021 Bicycle Sunday Dates
10a.m. – 2p.m.
June 6, 13, 20, 27
July 11, 18, 25
August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
September 12, 19, 26
October 3, 17, 24, 31
During Bicycle Sundays, the parkway is open exclusively for bicyclists, in-line skaters, scooters, walkers and joggers. The course will be slightly modified this year, beginning at Main Street in White Plains (instead of Westchester County Center) and continue south to Scarsdale Road in Yonkers. The road is closed to automobiles in that stretch of parkway. Admission is free.
There are numerous points of entry along the route. Although parking will be available in the Westchester County Center east parking lot, participants will follow signs and directions to enter the route at Main Street once they exit their cars.
Rules and Regulations:
• It is required that participants wear a mask or a face covering in situations like this where social distancing may not always be able to be maintained.
• ONLY Bicyclists, in-line skaters, scooters, walkers and joggers are allowed; no unauthorized motor vehicles are allowed.
• Walkers, joggers and slower wheeled traffic must use the right lane; faster wheeled traffic must use the left lane.
• New York State law requires helmets for children under age 14, including those riding in bike trailers; helmets are strongly recommended for all wheeled participants.
• New York State law prohibits children under age 1 from riding on bicycles or in a separate seat.
• All headsets are prohibited. This includes but is not limited to music devices and hands-free cell phones.
• No skateboarding allowed.
• No dogs allowed.
• Bicyclists must obey the posted parkway speed limit of 40 m.p.h.
• Children riding in strollers must be strapped in at all times.
• Children under age 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
• All participants must be off the parkway by 1:50 p.m.